Old
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
I'd still have him outside the top-5...scoring in junior hockey doesn't do a whole lot for me. How he projects to the pro game is much more of a question mark than how he produces against teenagers. He's got nice hands and vision for sure...but it's going to take a lot more than that if he's going to be a full-time NHL'er. With the depth this organization has, Rattie looks more like a spare-part that can be used to shore up other areas than a future Blue...at least in my eyes. Let's see him play a year or two in the AHL before declaring him a great find at the top of the 2nd round...as he's far from a sure thing at this point.
He was at #4 for me before the season started, and that's where I still have him.

What part of his game specifically are you questioning translating to the pros? Personally, I don't see him as having the potential of a true top line guy unless his skating hits an unexpected development bump (it seems about average right now, from what I've seen), but everything else about his skill-set and abilities fairly screams offense production at the NHL level to me.

The physical development will come in time, and be the true limiting factor for how long it takes for him to make the show. I think the skating development will define his upside, and his positional/defensive play development will round out his usefulness/overall value to the team. I don't see any glaring physical or skill weaknesses that make me worry he might bust.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote