Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here
View Single Post
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Peter The Great
Join Date: Aug 2005
Run it through google translator, risk of double post?
Injured Omark excludes games in the AHL: "Rather playing in Europe"
A crack in the foot forces Linus Omark to jump around on crutches. When the injury is healed hope 24-year-old on a new chance in the NHL. Otherwise, he prepared to leave North America.
- If it turns out that Edmonton wants me to play in the AHL when I am healthy so I stay rather stay here in Europe and play, says Omark when hockeysverige.se reach him at home in Luleċ during his rehab.
Linus Omark had hoped and believed in a strong NHL season. Despite good game at the start of the series did not show the score from unmarked club and pretty soon it was clear that he would be relegated to the farm Team Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL.
Once there were scores of Omark. In their seven preliminary matches, he replied to seven points. But in the seventh game, it was an accident there.
- I went to the rink when it was a defenseman and knocked away one leg for me. Then I went into the boards while the other foot was left in the ice. The template to direct and I understood at once that it was something serious had happened, says Linus Omark when hockeysverige.se have a chat with him at home in Lulea.
How are you today?
- Yes, but that's pretty good now, anyway. Of course it is sad and very hard to get this injury. But now it has gone a few weeks ago it happened so hope begins well come back.
What is the prognosis?
- I have a crack in the foot, or fracture if you like, which means that I should go with plaster for six weeks and after that, it's probably some rehabilitation that are on the program.
- I needed in all cases, no surgery and going all right so I was completely recovered after they here six weeks. Though that which we know nothing about before removing plaster. I do not know myself when I can play again but I really hope that it is very soon anyway.
Why loose there at the start of the season in the Edmonton Oilers?
- I do not know what to respond to it really. I only played five games and none of them were bad. On the contrary, I felt some of the games really well. It was the only score that did not occur. The shape was, in other words all the time really really good. Even so, I sit a lot in the stands before it became clear that I was going down and play in Oklahoma.
Where you showed to the environment to the fine form really was there. Seven points from seven matches, you must have been quite happy with?
- Sure, I did, just as you say, seven points but it could have been double that. It felt really really good and although I made some not so good games where I think I was in Oklahoma to make some top matches that I should have to remain in Edmonton.
- Everything felt really good right now and I felt much better and more well-prepared this year than before last season. So this injury was really inappropriate.
The aim is now to return to the NHL and AHL?
- My goal is clearly to return to the NHL. If it turns out that Edmonton wants me to play in the AHL when I am healthy so I stay rather stay here in Europe and play.
Luleċ and Färjestad are two of the clubs that you have invested in already. How much truth there is in the rumors?
- I'd rather not comment on any rumors. But of course there are some clubs that have spoken to my agent.
Luleċ must surely have a natural dialogue with you continuously since it was the club that you did for two seasons ago when you went over to the Edmonton Oilers?
- Absolutely. Luleċ has said is that I always feel welcome back there if I want, something I appreciate. But at the same time respecting the club my decision that I primarily want to return to the NHL.
Russian media report that there is interest from the KHL.
- Russia is always included as an interesting alternative. But, as I said was, I currently have no other thoughts than to return to the NHL.
What does the coming weeks for Linus Omark?
- Now I'm home in Luleċ and I really appreciate that the club let me go home for a while. Recently, I mostly stayed at a hotel and it had not been particularly fun to sit with the foot in plaster in a hotel room in Oklahoma right now. So it was extra positive to go home and stay in our apartment with my girlfriend.
- That much training is also not right now. I can not do anything with your foot in six weeks so it's mostly trying to keep fitness up as good as possible with the exercises that I do not use the foot.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by 21