View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by james bond View Post
Dynamo, whats going on in Fargo these days? Any thoughts on the coach and hockey operations?
I was expecting more from Guertler and Clarke this year.
Coach Marks is surely something. I love his public quotes that throw teenage kids under the bus and insult them.

After a couple losses one weekend...
Quote:
"“Why some guys can’t play hard back-to-back is just beyond my comprehension right now. I just don’t get it. Especially at home when you’re not traveling and you’re in your own bed. I just don’t get it.”

“We had at least 12 guys wearing Harry Potter invisible cloaks,” Marks said."
About Blake Clarke leaving the team...
Quote:
“I hope its the right decision,” Marks said. “I know there was a little impatience within the family as far as I am concerned but Blake has been told a lot of things in the last year or two about his ability and sometimes you believe more than you should believe."

"I know there are some players in this league he played against last year who are having success, but they are different players.”"
He's like a senile crochety old man, who just says the first thing that's on his mind and that's awesome.

I'm glad Clarke is gone, for his sake. He is going to be a helluva player and I hope it is with a team like Dubuque/Omaha/Green Bay a team that is well coached, with tradition and can groom players properly.

As for Guertler, I'm still very up in the air with him. I was expecting Camaretta type production or close to it, but no one on this Fargo team is really supporting him at all, so it's a bit understandable. I can't say I'm "disappointed" in him, as he and Farley are realistically the only two players who can even be perceived as threats on the team, but he simply needs to produce more.