Thread: Speculation: Weber
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
if habs do move him, it had better be in a deal where we clearly come out on top...

Weber will grow into an excellent player, just needs a bit more time getting used to NHL game. people seem to miss the fact that he's played a grand total of 77 NHL games.

dmen generally take a bit longer to round out their game at pro level, by the time he's at 200-250 NHL games, I bet you're looking at a 30+pt PMD who can easily handle himself as a 4-5 dman on the depth chart.

his offensive skill (skating, passing, shooting, PP) is obvious, but I see him as being much better defensively than people give him credit for. As he fine tunes his reads and defensive zone coverage, that part of his game will improve, his overall confidence will improve, and your left with a much better defensive version of MAB (or, Brian Rafalski...)

that is a valuable commodity.

obviously he shouldn't be "untouchable", but if they move him in a deal to get some marginal vet to help us in the short term, or dump him for some apparent "lateral" prospect who has more waiver-elibility left, I will be PISSED!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote