Thread: Injury Report: Latendresse Out with Concussion
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Nino Noderreiter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Seto does open space--that's something i'm not confident Wellman can do and while Heatley and Koivu are okay with being hit they (along with cullen and bouchard) don't seem to have the hit first mentality that make Seto, Latendresse, and Clutterbuck effective on the wing.

I contradicted Jarick in the main board thread and I stick with my opinion: Seto and Heatley mesh with the team and system just fine--they don't stick out over and above anyone else but that's kind of the point of Yeo hockey and it doesn't mean they don't mesh. I'm sure there are probably players who fit more effectively out there (there always are) but I don't think havlat or burns would have the patience to stick with it in Yeo's system. Then again, I wouldn't have guessed Heatley would have it either so...I'll just trust Fletcher to give Yeo players he can use.
Agreed with the hit thing, but if Wellman plays like he did for the most part last night he was opening up space and creating chances. Not sure if he all that physical in the aspect of hitting people first, but he was getting down low and cycling the puck. He doesn't luck as smooth as Seto at cycling, but he is the fastest player on the Wild at the moment and he drives really hard to the front of the net which is a huge plus.

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote