View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinFan62 View Post
A whole 6 seconds more ES? Really?

And he plays the PP so obviously he is going to have more total one ice time then him.

I hope i'm wrong, but Del Zotto will be exposed a lot more without Sauer there. Will he be brutal? No. But there will be a lot more head shaking going on when he's on the ice.
Yes lol, a whole 6 seconds, even if it was 6 seconds less, means a ton when people make ridiculous claims like "he's playing like a 2nd pairing defenseman due to Sauer". That's why I didn't just include TOI/G, Even Strength stats shows Torts trust Del Zotto a ton. Del Zotto is immensely talented, and was once talked about in the same breath as Stamkos, he has the potential to be a game-changer someday. People here have such short memories.

And that's whats been special about Del Zotto this season, aside from a few bad giveaways, missed shorts and errant passes, he hasn't made mistakes that Sauer needed to cover for him. No he hasn't been as good as McDonagh or Girardi, but if you reread most of our PGT's, he's always included in peoples good games.