View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Sawdalite
SelectLouNolan4PFHoF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I just skimmed the thread, I might have missed that post but I can't see anyone saying Giroux is "old". It was said that 23 years old isn't that young when it comes to offensive production. Which is true. Most of the players that top the league in scoring are up there at a fairly young age.

Giroux had an awesome game tonight, and is really having a great season so far. His main weakness offensively in past years has been his shot. That is much improved this season, he is a lot better in getting himself into shooting positions this year, and also shoots a lot more where he would have passed the puck previously. I wouldn't expect his shooting percentage to remain as high as 20.5 when the season ends though.
We must take into consideration his high amount of helpers... In his four point night tonight he had one goal and three assists... So, while his goal scoring chances may have improved, his play making and getting his stick in so much action has to be a major role in his tally.

Also, he has improved every season to-date, IIRC... which was one of my original points, way back, I believe.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote