View Single Post
Old
12-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Price View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble man, I was at the game and Subban was booed in the third. Some cheered for his fancy plays, some booed him for trying too much and failing, turning him into ridicule.

I think he deserved some of the boos, simply for the fact that he should stop trying to be too cute when the game is on the line. I like him and find him an exciting player, but ****, when the game is on the line like this one was, against a terrible opponent, ****ing pass the puck instead of trying to do everything by yourself, losing the puck on your own or giving a turnover in the process.

But the player deserving the boos is certainly Cammy. The guy just doesn't give a **** anymore. Haven't seen someone "chier din coins" like him since Brisebois.

This team should ****ing hide themselves. Pathetic. Btw, I don't see what's the big deal about booing a player, he's a professionnal. Athletes gets booed, it's part of the job.
To this, I answer this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
No he wasn't.

I was at the Bell center. We were booing the PP.. and the Habs in general, especially when they were stuck in the defensive zone and can't start any good attack. Maybe Subban had the puck when the booing start but it wasn't direct specifically at him.
So now, the only question is the following. Optimus Price, did you boo? If so, did you boo Subban or the PP? If not, how well do you think you can determine if the crowd was specifically booing Subban rather than booing our horrid PP, part of the boos coming while Subban was in possession of the puck?

Because it seems most people here believe the PP unit was being booed as a whole rather than Subban being booed because of his lack of production on said PP. To me this is a non-issue, but it seems to be such a big deal to the two people here who believe Subban was specifically targeted by the crowd.

Subban is a fan-favourite and while I myself sometimes get tired of his seven-feet-in-the-air windup, I really doubt the fans would consciously boo him specifically rather than the general, pathetic state of our PP.

However, you're right. They did boo him. The only thing is, they booed the other four skaters on the ice at that moment as well, and you can probably add the other PP unit to that too.

So to summarize. Could Subban play better? Yes. Do fans want him to play better? Yes. Are fans tired of our pathetic PP? Yes. Does Subban play a part in the success of said PP? Yes. Does Subban deserve boos for his lack of production on the PP? Probably so. More so than the other players on the ice? No. Rationally speaking, does it make sense that he was the sole victim of the boos? No. Did the fans intentionally boo him, and just him? Improbable at best.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote