Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Louis Leblanc called up
View Single Post
Old
12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
I know that he had his share of penalty minutes in the Juniors, but of the games I have seen him play in (and I saw him last year in a pre-season game at Scotia Bank Place), he was not very gritty and looked more like a Ribeiro clone, a playmaker that gets a lot more assists than goals. Of course, I have not seen him play all that much.
From what I've seen and what I've heard from others his one standout skill compared to everything else he does is win puck battles along the boards and grind out possession in the offensive zone, which makes him pretty grind-ery even if he's not a particularly hit-ty forward. Plus, playing at a higher level he seems more likely to play penalty kill then powerplay. Like Riberio isn't how I'd describe him beyond both being French Canadien forwards that wear 71.

He also has a track record of being a big shot creator that tends to have as many goals as assists, something that you can track quite well by looking at his statistics (goals, shots, and "dangerous shots") which were all pretty solid last season. He also created a huge amount of shots per game as a rookie in Hamilton which is pretty indicative of his tendency to focus on scoring rather than playmaking.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote