Old
12-08-2011, 04:00 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
.... when SK has 16 shots coming into tonight's game it is an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Good to see SK winding up more, something must of been said to him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Kostitsyn has LESS SHOTS THAN GAMES PLAYED
I was wondering if maybe Kostitsyn was hurt or there was some kind of nagging injury that might be preventing him from shooting. But then I took a little look at his stats from this year and last season.

This season - October 7 - December 6
He has played 21 games. 3 goals 8 assists 11 points. He's -1 with 16 PIM. Zero PPG/SHG/GWG. 19 shots (15.8%)

--He's currently on a 13 game goal-less streak. Only once in those 13 games did he even score a point (3 assists v tor.).

--BUT in the first 9 games he had 3 goals, 5 assists, 8 points, 10 shots on goal. In the last of these 9 games he got hurt (vs TB) and then missed the next 2 games. His stats have taken a tumble since that game.

Last season - October 14 - December 6
He played 22 games. 3 goals 4 assists 7 points. He was -1 with 6 PIM. Zero PPG/SHG/GWG. 17 shots (17.6%)

--That includes an 11 game goal-less streak with a 10 game pointless streak in that.

He finished the last 55 games with 20 goals, 23 assists, 43 points, +11, 14 PIM, 4 PPG, 1 SHG, 2 GWG, 75 shots (26.6%).

--Only twice in that 55 game span did he go more than 3 games without scoring a goal (a 5 game streak and a 10 game streak). And only twice in that 55 game span did he go more than 2 games without a single point.

So basically he's in the same place as he was last season (even slightly better) even though it seems like his play has taken a step back from last year. The last 2 games he has 5 shots so maybe he's starting to come out of whatever funk he was in. Hopefully he can turn it around like he did last season!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote