View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
You rely way too much on stats. I want St. Croix to turn out to be a big time scorer, but you're getting ahead of yourself. Scoring in juniors is great, but we have no idea how his game will translate from juniors to the pros. None. He doesn't have the bankable combination of assets like elite speed, size, strength, etc that would help project how he'll do. He's a boom or bust pick, and while the early returns are encouraging, it's really hard to get too excited about him until he shows he can score in the pros. Again, I'd be thrilled if he turns out to be a big time NHL scorer, but you jump to conclusions on guys based on point production in the lower levels way too much. It's amazing that you find a way to pump this kid up while likening Miller to Grachev in the same series of posts. Stat surfing isn't scouting. It tells you nothing about a guy's overall game.
It has nothing to do with stat surfing for me . Watch the guy spend some bucks on whl live you can see every game he has played. He is the center peice of the team has been since drafted has excelled at every level, Only reason he dropped to 4th round was he had a poor second half last season after comming back from injury, he goes into the tough areas what he lacks in elite speed(and he still is a good skater NHL fast enough )he makes up for in hands and smarts. 41 years I have been watching amateur players and some have the IT factor and MSC does.