View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

vCash: 500
Too lazy to multiquote everyone, but - it's not that I don't think the team is better. I think the defense is almost certainly better when healthy, and I've been really impressed with the callups - Kassian has been awesome, I've liked Adam and even Tropp.

But the quote from Black was that we're "dramatically" better - I just don't see that. Miller has been horrid at times. Leino may be finally "getting it", or he could return to his earlier form. I just don't see enough of a track record or enough consistency to say that we're greatly improved on the ice - regardless of the cause (injuries, new players getting used to the system and their new teammates, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I'm surprised at the acrimony after years of having a politician who thought he was a GM trying to pull the strings behind Regier's back. How is having direction from above encouraging a GM to improve his roster a bad thing? Or do we need to go back to Quinn have meetings with non-Sabre unemployed former hockey people to get input to then trumpet as his own.
Right - if Pegula is prodding Regier to be active, to make improvements, and to look at creative ways to improve the team instead of waiting for the prefect deal - that's a great improvement over His Sluggliness. Even if he occasionally oversteps and says "go get this guy" - I think he would at least be capable of learning from his mistakes and listening to Black and Regier if they were to talk to him about it. That's not a conversation Quinn would even have - and if he did, he certainly wouldn't be passing it up the food chain to Golisano.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote