View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
The "average" kid has no hope in any major sports. If the goal is to just be a professional then hockey and baseball are obviously the easiest because of the amount of minor leagues in both sports.

I see well above average kids playing Tier III junior hockey that have zero hope of playing professionally but they are striving for a D II or D III shot somewhere.

A 5'10" kid would have to have a crazy amount of talent and even a bigger stroke of luck to make the NHL. There are so many things that have to fall into place for anyone to make the NHL. Play on the right teams, meet the right people, fill a certain roll, have the right skills at the right time when a team needs them. There are hundreds of guys in the AHL who could play in the NHL if they were in a different organization during the one week when someone with their skill set got hurt and they got their shot.

I get your question in that is it easier. I still think baseball is easier but the odds are so long it isn't really even something that you can calculate. The NBA and NFL are one step from impossible and the NHL and MLB are a step and a half from impossible.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote