View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I agree with everyone saying that if Pegula nudges Darcy into activity it's a good thing. Darcy's MO is always to stand pat with his roster until the deadline but from what Black said they always want to look to be improving. I wonder if any changes will actually be made.

On the other hand, I can't have been the only one who said "Ehrhoff?!" when they made that trade to get his rights last summer. I would not be surprised at all if Pegula was the impetus behind that move, considering they already have Leopold, Sekera, Gragnani, and Myers as d-men who tend more or less to the offensive side. Seems like Darcy's impulse would have been to stick with that group.

Yeah, I was really surprised at how mad he seemed to get at the questions about Regier/Ruff. Hasn't he been keeping up with Hfboards? I don't blame Simon at all for asking those questions- that's what the fans are talking about.

I think you're mis-categorizing Ehrhoff, Ace. Yes, he's a great offensive defenseman, but on the other hand, his defensive game is very sound and he can play 25-30 minutes. That puts him in an elite group of defenseman, a group which does not include guys like Grags, Sekera and Leopold.

But as to your original question about Pegula meddling, I'm of the opinion that ownership should set the tone, but management is responsible for execution. The moment those lines get fuzzy, you end up with a Jerry Jones.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote