View Single Post
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Go with the 9900. It's worth the $20.

I have used both the 5xxx and 9xxx cages. The 5xxx is a good cage, it has elliptical bars for better vision, and a non distracting matte finish. But mine rusted out after two seasons. I got the 9xxx cage and it's even thinner, lighter, and has a chrome finish which looks better and is rust resistant. I've had mine for 2.5 seasons now and it's still in great shape.

When I started I had a visor and it kept fogging so I went without. Luckily I was playing with really good players who kept their sticks and shots down. It took me less than a game to adjust to a cage. You don't even notice it.
and this is the key, when you have played a decent level of hockey and play with guys who have you are safe because as most of you say "i have to go to work tomorrow" the better players know where their sticks are, they dont rip big slapshots into traffic, and thet know where the play is going and have their head up. the only time I have been hit, as an adult, in the face with a stick is when playing pickup, and its ALWAYS a, "lesser skilled" player. never intentional, always fast to apologize, but none the less, unsure where their sticks are. I now where a visor because in the last month and a half or so I have been opened up 6 times. I'm still not wearing a cage, I respect those that do, and have told some players to put one on because they haven't been playing long. But I am not comfortable with one on.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote