View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...-hunwick/9096/

Quote:
The more I talk to people around the league – smart, wired-in people, at least a few anyway – the more they ask me “Who is in charge in Colorado? Who is making the big decisions there? We don’t know who it is anymore.”
This is probably the nicest thing I can say about Sherman right now. I don't know if the bad moves this team has done are his fault. By the same token, I don't know if the good moves are his either. All part of the underlying problem: An organization that values secrecy above all things, and employs a guy to do their PR/marketing who's better at keeping things under wraps than actual communication, and a president who won't take the reins, but seemingly won't let them go entirely either.

It just seems like a very bloated, bureaucratic, and indecisive organization right now. I hope that changes soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is why I love the Broncos right now. They have a guy in charge who promised transparency and honesty, and he's delivering, even to his own detriment. I'm not saying the Avs have to let us know EVERYTHING that's going on, I just get the impression they value secrecy and loyalty over actual ability when it comes to the decision-makers there.