View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
To me, there's nothing wrong with the amount of penalty minutes Anisimov got. If the NHL doesn't like players making cut throat gestures like the one Nick Boynton got suspended for, I can see why they wouldn't like a player pretending to shoot a gun in the direction of an opposing player. I think if he didn't aim it towards the Lightning goal, there might not have even been a scrum.
Interestingly, Stammer thought it was aimed at Vinny.

I was feeling there was an undercurrent of anger building among the players. It didn't really matter what the spark of it was, so long as there was one, and Anisimov definitely delivered. Clutch.

Even if Anisimov had aimed at the sky like Selanne did, I think there still would have been a scrum to some degree. At least the next time Anisimov was on the ice.

That's the thing a lot of people don't understand. They think in the context of what did happen, the Lightning may have over responded with the degree of nastiness they showed. That frustration had been building. They played with an edge for the rest of the game, which was good to see.

The Lightning need to get that the league, and the the powers that be, are trying to set them up for failure, and use that as motivation.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-09-2011 at 06:08 PM.