View Single Post
Old
12-09-2011, 08:03 PM
sh724

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Husky View Post
A few times this year I have had the fortune to watch BC, BU, Denver twice including last nights doubleheader, BC and BU, then Denver and Colorado College, love it... awesome hockey.. This was on CBSSD, which is part of my HD Package, but there is also a Digital Cable channel in non HD called CBSSN. Is this in any way connected to this NESN? And would you know how the new NBC Sports Group thing in January might affect this? All I want, is to continue seeing NCAA games, I live in PEI and subscribe to Eastlink Cable.
CBSSN is CBS sports network who shows games through CBS college sports, they have contract with several conferences to show games. NESN is owned 80% by the Red Sox and 20% by the Bruins and has a tv contract with Hockey East. NBC is owned by Comcast, NBCSN will show 16 NCAA games this season starting Dec 31 but I dont think all 16 are on Versus. All 3 are completely separate companies with their own individual contracts.

There are several channels that show NCAA games depending on where you live and what is available. The Big Ten network shows some games. FSN shows North Dakota home games. Those are the only ones available at where I live but there might be others.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote