Thread: Proposal: Jagr
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
That's the point: we have already shaped a great nucleus by trading for and signing great players that are in their prime right now. Schenn and Couturier may need another 3-4 years until they are able to carry a team themselves, so the time is either NOW or 3-4 years away. But 3 or 4 years from now Timonen, Briere, Jagr, Hartnell,... won't be available any more and the GM will be looking to fix major holes again and again and again....
Good point.

As a fan I look at it like this. If i want to increase my odds of winning a championship this year I trade Couturier and Schenn for pieces that we can use this year.

But at the risk of doing that im in a situation where if i dont win this year my chance of winning in the future is greatly decreased.

So which is better? Improved odds this year for worst odds in the future? Or do nothing and lower this years odds and increasing future odds?

My belief is that fans are scared of Risking the future to win now. Fans want to win now and they want to win in the future. Which according to game theory is a poor strategy.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote