Thread: Speculation: More moves to come?
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2011, 08:24 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If we're going to trade with Washington, I hope its for Colorado's pick. That's what I'd be willing to pay for.
LG you know that we agree on general direction and strategy. You and I believe in collecting picks, and we know why.

We also know that Caps are dying for a cup. Now is the time to attack yes? I could not agree more. This seems the perfect time to trade Cammy to a team that needs his proven playoff performance to lift the cup. This year. Now.

Cammy is our greatest opportunity to gain very good draft picks while we are have no chance at winning the cup.

But sadly LG, there is no way the Caps give us that top 3 pick for Cammy. You know it, and I know it.

I do think PG should try to make it happen though. Why not try. I just do not feel that there is enough fear in the Caps organization to push them into giving us this pick.

This is extremely frustrating. Habs need to wangle a top 3 pick, NOW, while Price is still young, we both agree on this. But the days of stupid GM's are long gone.

We need a club with a GM that is very close to a cup, and very afraid of not winning one. Caps are not this team, yet. There is just not enough fear there for us to take advantage of.

Burke may be the last idiot to give up first round picks with a bad team. That window has closed.

I am at a loss now to imagine how the Habs will ever pick top 3. I really am.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote