Thread: A Team Divided
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2005, 07:55 PM
T2M

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I'm amused that NOTHING was said about the goaltending. This guy Labarbera is a magic man. He can escape criticism like no other goaltender in Kings history.
Good call on me. I'd forgotten all about LaBarbera who was lukewarm. The Bochenski shot he needed to save. That wasn't a goal scorers goal. That was a bad play on Barb's part. For the most part I thought LaBarbera was average. Made some saves but got lit up at all the wrong times (the Valiquette goal anybody?) For all the talk of him being a game breaker earlier he was, as others have said, average. I just didn't think his head was in the game. Again, he needs to step up for the rest of the team. I realize I'm asking this of everybody but if you want to win you've got to lead the team there with your play. That goes from Matty, to the assistants, down to the fourth liners. LaBarbara while solid, was not there when the Kings needed him the most.

<sarcasm> As for Garon, well, I'm a big fan of the way that he keeps the bench warm on most nights. Apparently the ice was melting near his end of the bench from the heat from his butt. Unfortunately, he sported some good cheers, but wasn't nearly vocal enough for my liking. If I can't hear him over that Ottawa crowd, then he isn't pulling his weight. He'd better be in net next game, he wasn't keeping the bench energized enough. </sarcasm>

There you go Tubby, enjoy.

T2M