Thread: Waived: Ethan Moreau [Cleared]
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
My major issue with his signing (and Hunter) is that the Kings continue to pursue damaged goods with their low risk, no rewards moves. It happened in the past with McCauley, Thornton and Cloutier and it's happening once again with the two UFAs they signed this past summer.

I understand that holes had to be filled in the bottom six, but there were better options available to the Kings that they passed up on in order to get bigger. This fixation on size is reminiscent of the Flyers of the mid 90s that were outclassed by the speed and skill of the Red Wings.
These are the guys the Kings can get in free agency. The Kings aren't getting anyone on a discount of any sort. Better options are going to cost more, and you probably have to add even more to that for the Kings. Absolutely love what Mitchell and Scuderi bring to the Kings, but those guys are getting almost $7 million between the two of them. I'd take those two on my team any day, but that's not cheap for a guy who's had trouble staying healthy all year lately, along with a guy that isn't going to be putting the puck in the net all that often.

Look at it this way. Moreau on a cheap contract allows the Kings to make an easy and painless move after some of the young guys play their way onto the team.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote