View Single Post
Old
12-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If he puts up the numbers that Thomas put up last year, people will wonder and hope he'll make the Rangers, though it will against be misguided. If a 24 year old barely makes it, he deserves to be in the NHL, but for a 19 year old, he needs to blow everyone away to make it.

That's because a 24 year old can be placed on the fourth line, but not a 19 year old. And a 24 year old is more proven, at least at the minor pro level, whereas the 19 year old may just be hot in camp.

For St. Croix, Thomas, Fasth, Miller, etc. to make it next year, I want them to just blow us away.
Yeah, I agree with that. Although Miller's a different case because he does have the AHL option and he is more of an all around player than just a guy you look to for points. Given how impressive he looked in camp this year for an 18-year-old, I could see him making the jump to the AHL if he has a strong enough camp. Thomas should also make the jump to the AHL, given his age. Fasth will probably spend another year in Sweden, especially with the injury. It depends how the Rangers feel about burning a year of his ELC though, since they have to sign him in the offseason, or lose his rights.