View Single Post
Old
11-03-2003, 03:56 PM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
Rocket Prospects

Sorry this is so late but, as they say, 'better late than never!'
Had the opportunity to see the Rocket vs. Titan game the week before last. Overall, it was mildly boring considering the Titan won and our prospects didn't add much to the scoresheet.
Maxime Lapierre
He didn't play for some reason; possibly he was hurt.
Jimmy Bonneau
He had one fight which he didn't win although it really was more of a
2 minute tussel. I was not impressed with this guy at all. In my opinion, I am not sure what the Habs see in him. He played a minimum number of shifts each period but was not effective at all. He couldn't handle the puck - seemed to have hands of lead or stone or something. He often was out of the play or tried to hit someone which took him out of the play.
Cory Urquhart
He showed a flash of skill occasionally during the game. His skill was somehow overshadowed by his lack of effort. Perhaps it was because PEI was at the end of a road trip. It seemed that, in not making the effort, he was always reaching for the puck. I think if he came to play every shift he could be a real force and dominate a game.
Michael Lambert
This guy I was truly impressed with all night. He definitely came to play. He skated hard, didn't mind mixing it up, went into the corners to fight for possession of the puck, backchecked when needed. He's big kid and I think he had great potential if he continues to play as he did that evening. I think the Habs made a good choice.
Brent McLellan
I didn't realize he was on the Rocket until I opened my program. Interestingly, I didn't get to see him as he wasn't dressed. However, I was surprised to see that he was listed as a Chicago prospect. Does anyone have any info on this transaction? I would be interested in hearing about it.
Dominic Soucy
I was very impressed with this young man. He is big rightwinger - 6-4, 225 lbs. He was involved in the play, gave some great hits, went to the corner, went to the net all night. He is 19 years old and has never been drafted. I'm not sure why after seeing him play tonight. Maybe the Habs need to take another look at him. Has anyone else seen him play?