View Single Post
Old
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDnyr92 View Post
Just helping my argument. I'm negotiating with half the other teams in the league for one guy's player. Apparently we all now help each other make personnel decisions. No one is qualified to manage their own team in true, independent competition. How a league should be run

Oh and by the way, a "clearly one-sided" trade depends on the value that each team places on the players involved, not necessarily the rest of the teams in the league... Usually two teams negotiate a trade between two teams, at least that's what I thought.

EDIT: sorry about the multiple posts, they weren't showing up initially...
You are negociating with eachother, but when it comes to fanasty leagues (And in real life), other people put there opinions in if they see a deal as a hinderence to the rest of the league if too one sided. An example in real life would be the proposed T-Mobile/AT&T merger. Both sides thought it was a fair deal and were happy, but Sprint and Verizon thought it would hurt competition and the average Joe consumer in the long run.

Obviously that's a more complex comparison, but that's how other GM's saw that deal. It hurt the overall competitiveness of the league.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote