View Single Post
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Smartest in the Room
Join Date: Apr 2006
Originally Posted by
Some common sense because I read a lot of bull in this thread.
1) Quick was lucky he became the Kings goaltender because the Kings didnt have a good goalie at the time. He had to outplay Lolbarbara and Ersberg. Let's not use this against Bernier
2) Lets be honest, if Bernier was ready at the time like he is now, he might have been the Kings starting goalie and not Quick.
3) Quick is not lucky that he is the Kings starting goalie right now because he has deserved it. He's damn good.
4) Bernier cant outplay Quick because Quick has been pretty consistant during his NHL career so far. Saying he is outworking Bernier in practice and in games is lame. You can only outplay the starting the goalie if he fails for long stretches and Quick just never sucks for several games in a row.. + Bernier barely gets any playing time. Jonathan Quick has even played back to back games this season. Its pretty much an impossible task for Bernier. When Bernier gets the shut out, he will still be watching the game from the bench the next game.
4) I doubt Bernier will ever overtake the starting position. Bernier might be more talented but Quick is just too consistant and pretty good.
Quick got the call up and the chance to outplay LaBarbara and Ersberg in LA because he outplayed Bernier in Manchester. That happened in spite of the Kings giving Bernier as much slack as they could. It was just obvious that Quick was the goalie that gave the Monarchs the best chance to win when they were both there.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by KINGS17