View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
The reality of hockey has changed alot....
I dont know why we can't pay Price 7mil$, when Pittsburgh pays Crosby and Malkin 8mil$.
When Capitals pay Ovechkin 9mil$.

I mean, yeah they are the top players of the league, put up 100 points every season.

But goalie wise, Price is in the top of the league. Always will get 30 wins and will have higher than 0,915% and always will give you a really good chance of winning the games.

Kinda of what the other 3, mentionned above, do.
Dude, almost 15 goalies get those stats consistently now. So top of the league is top 15? I'd say 35-40 wins, ,920+ and -2,50 season in and season out.

Price either gets his big pay day when he's about to hit UFA, and then might well get 7 mil, and will sign a low two season 4,5 per until then, or the Habs might just go half way and offer him more seasons at around 5,5. All depends on if both the Habs and Price agree on which way to go. Who's Price agent? That could give all of us a better idea of how it's gonna go. If it's a guy like Meehan, than it's gonna be short term until he's UFA, because both parties won't agree on present salary due to the nature of restricted free agency. This has often happened with Meehan players.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote