View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I finally have some time to just sit down and look at the basic stats of the Preds and I'm asking myself why is this a middling team? (Other than the fact they are following the classic Predators season bell curve that drives and frustrates Preds fans).

offensively the team is 16th in the league for goals for with 2.66

PP is T for 3rd in the league with 20.4.

Defensively the team is 15th with 2.69

PK is 11th with 84.1

For the Preds, the offensive stats are up. They could use a LITTLE bit more oomph but not really too bad. Where the problem is the defense. PK is ok but frankly the defense is underachieving compared to the standard the Preds usually have. The calls for a SOB defenseman seem more justified than the calls for a a goal scoring forward.

If anything, the team could use an upgrade on SK. This could simply be a change in SK's production to Clown bet levels. OR a trade for a goal scoring forward.

I think this team needs a small tweek not a full overhaul, again, and the tweek, I feel needs to come defensively. To me, I would love to switch cube with an SOB like player.

I just wonder if Colorado would trade SOB to Nashville once they realize they are out of the playoff hunt?
While I think the greatest off-season miscue was losing O'Brien, I don't think it was a case of not signing him, but rather not replacing him. The Shane O'Brien era in Nashville is over and I doubt we see another chapter added to it.

I too believe though that the most immediate impact could be had by adding a steady veteran defenseman to the lineup. We have plenty of puck-moving skilled types young and old on the blueline, what we need is a good-sized, physical d-man with some grit and ability to clear the crease.

The Preds are doing a good enough job manufacturing scoring opportunities right now. They DEFINITELY need to bury some more of those chances, but I believe with an upgrade to the back-end that we will see less time spent chasing pucks around in our zone and more opportunities to create chances at the other...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote