View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I agree with the first part, not the 2nd. I think Poile got surprised by the way the Weber thing went-down. I think he had a deal with the old agent worked, or just about worked, out, and when the change was made it went down the tubes, and with it, signing Suter. We signed Rinne to a bigger deal then we had to for only 1 reason, cause Poile knows the big 2 don't wanna' sign, or at least not at a rate we can afford.

Suter signed by New Year or deal him, and if he's signed, Weber needs to sign before trade deadline or he needs to go - we don't need another summer like the last one. Stupid to be stuck with guys that don't wanna' be here that have the value they do. However, this is where not being able to hang onto Hammer kills us, cause there's no fall-back from this. Josi someday, maybe Blum or Ellis someday, but all several years away.

It's not a patience thing biting us, it's a budget that's still working through the Liarpold disaster followed quickly by Boots and the not completely financially stable ownership group. Few more years of this I'm afraid - we simply need revenue share and can't spent what we'd like.
The problem is that we become a very, very bad team without ALL THREE of the "big three." It's not like we can let them go and plug someone else in and not miss a beat. Our legitimacy as a franchise, both on and off the ice, hinges on not only retaining both defensemen, but adding to the core.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote