View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
really the only thing christansen has going for him is the shootout. and to be honest im not a fan of putting a guy in the lineup just for the shootout when we have hank in net, whether the guy is in for avery or anybody else. just my opinion.

no avery is not great defensively, i've never argued that he is. and no i wouldn't put him on the powerplay. he is what he is, i just think he has played well when he does get a regular even strength shift. and by well, i mean no offsides, no penalties, forchecking and lets be honest he is shooting better. i know that he will be back at some point and like i said, the team is winning so im really not too bothered by this. the only aspect i dont like is that he was scratched for christensen.
Fair enough.

Ill respectfully disagree with the shootout considering, no matter how great Hank is, the team actually needs a guy to put the puck in the net to win the skills competition.

With regards to Avery, look at the accolades you are giving him (no penalties, forechecks, and best of all, hes been managing to stay onsides!). Are these really special? Are these things that other players cant do? Players that dont make almost $2M and have a helluva lot less baggage?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote