View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It baffles me how some cheap crap is ok, but embellishing isn't. Either it's all ok or it all isn't. Embellishing is crap. I hate it. Putting the shaft of your stick between the legs of a player and lifting is also crap. I hate it just as much. How is using your stick as a weapon cheap but acceptable while going to the ice easier than you should to draw a penalty is shameful and is a reason players don't play for teams?

Also, by the book what Perry did to Rinne wasn't a spear. It is, however, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and it should have been treated as such. A spear has to be a stabbing motion using the tip of the stick blade. Using the shaft of your stick as a weapon falls under Unsportsmanlike Conduct if it isn't a crosscheck or a high stick.
Yes, that play was very unsportsmanlike. And was embarrassing. For the league MVP to do that, is shameful. I think embellishing bothers me a lot, is because it is easy to control. You chose to do, where as the other stuff is in the heat of the moment. But yes both are wrong but I just hate embellishing a lot more.