View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Banger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
As far as Briere goes, he got off to a slow start, but he's got 8 goals and 12 assists in his last 20 games, and he has zero chemistry w/ his linemates.

Anyone criticizing him must be joking...

Yeah he isn't great defensively, but at least he tries. He hasn't been good defensively ever. Did people all the sudden start expecting more out of him? Cause it's not going to happen.

If some idiots among our fan base are expecting him to go out a dominate for 60 minutes, it's just not going to happen. You're clueless if you think that's the kind of player Briere is. Briere is just a clutch MFer that pops up once or twice a game w/ big plays. He will never dominate a shift, he will never have great shift after great shift after great shift like Giroux, but when you need that game-tying goal really badly, that's when Danny pops up.

As I said w/ my comments about JVR, I think most of our fans who criticize guys like JVR and Briere are just uninformed idiots. You can't expect a player to be something he's not and never has been.

You can't expect Briere to be Giroux. It's never going to happen, that's never been his style.
great post.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote