View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'd go Beauchamin or Robidas. I know Dallas isn't out of it by any stretch of the imagination but he'd give us a legit 3 defensemen much like the Avs and Ducks used to do when winning their Cups.

I also think the answer may be within. I know I clamored for Weber and Suter to be put together years ago but it may be time for them to be split up. Pair Weber/Josi and Suter/Klein. It gives us more balance in those two pairings. Josi is a good enough puck mover and Weber's veteran presence will stabilize his game for sure. Suter is the PMD Klein needs to be paired with and they are both sound defensively. This allows us to not get caught as much without Weber/Suter out there against the other teams top lines, especially on the road. We'd pretty much have Weber or Suter on the ice for close to 48 minutes a night total. Pair any of Hillen/Bouillion/Blum for the third pairing depending on who is playing best and then shelter their minutes.

If not, go after a vet defenseman with some snarl to his game. Robidas would be perfect because you can put him out there in any situation much like Weber or Suter. He's also signed to a decent deal for the next few years.

Trying to think of who else might be out there of note and no one is coming to mind. Colin White would've been a nice pick up for the third pairing in the offseason but he's out in SJ.
I think Robidas is wishful thinking. He's still probably their best defender and has a great cap hit through '13-'14. Dallas has no real incentive to trade him away, even if they were out of it.

I'll also be real surprised if Beauchemin doesn't sign an extension between now and the trade deadline.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 12-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote