View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Devils Nick30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Technically, as the owners of the team, the league can do as they wish in terms of player personnel. The deal was agreed to by the team's GM, who has more or less been reduced to a figure head with no power. Its just absurd how they're rejecting these deals now.

As for the players, well, they don't usually react too well. Lamar Odom was very unhappy, and requested a trade (and has since been traded to Dallas). I don't know if any of the others have been as open about being unhappy, but I can't imagine anyone is overly thrilled having been traded and then being told they're staying.

My personal guess on the situation is that within 48 hours we'll either see Paul traded (or about to be traded) somewhere, or we'll be hearing about a lawsuit/grievance against the NBA, likely on the grounds of collusion and/or illegally prohibiting player movement.
Thanks, I need to read up on this stuff. Haven't been keeping up all but then I read the story about CP3 potentially being a traded a few days ago, and then the league being able to reject it even though it was agreed to. Just made me go WTF. It seems the lockout didn't actually accomplish much, as Dwight and Chris Paul will most likely end up on 'super-teams' when all is said and done.

Edit: I'm also reading that all the owners stepped in and just said 'this is unfair', seems like the league has just created a huge problem here. Stupid decision. The GM was trying to get something for Paul who was obviously just going to walk after this year.

Also as much as I hate the Heat - I think Battier was an excellent pickup for them. Guy is an excellent team player and very very good defensively.

Devils Nick30 is offline   Reply With Quote