View Single Post
Old
12-12-2011, 10:47 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Sheldon Kennedy is the undoubted hero here. But I think Fleury would be the first person to say that. I don't know why Hickey saw the need to write this article and pass judgment on Fleury...I really don't. How he could possibly think that he could understand what Fleury went through and what kept him quiet is beyond me, and frankly the fact that he even came forward at all is courageous.
I think we all agree with each other on some level - that the piece was clumsily written, but let me paint this scenario (not that this is the case)

If you had a kid who was playing for James who was hired by Fleury who blasted others for not protecting kids...would you be pissed at Fleury? Probably even MORE given what he himself has been through. It's possible that PH was more aghast at that scenario and tbh if I was one of those kids parents', I'd crucify Fleury. It's awful what happened to him, but to potentially allow it to happen to others. I don't know the full story apparently, cuz I don't know how THAT was allowed to happen.