View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 02:58 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
No matter how much anyone tries to compare those 2, they are not the same player. Concussions are different for everyone, we have heard it a million times throughout this process. Bergeron was extremely fortunate to be able to come back and play at a high level, and we don't even know the damage that his concussions have done to his brain or what the long term effects may be Sid may not be so lucky. While Bergeron suffered multiple concussions over the course of a few years, that's far different from suffering 2 in the same week. That can actually permanently leave you disabled. Sid was blessed that he can still function day to day let alone consider playing in the NHL. This setback may or may not be a sign that this is something that won't go away for a very long period of time, and if that's the case it's a good idea to contemplate retirement. Again, if I'm wrong (I hope I am) then he should take his time and go over the process again and come back but if it's going to become a situation where every single time he has contact to the head he's going to become symptomatic, you gotta let go because it's selfish to his family and those close to him and the team to keep putting himself in a situation that he can't handle.
Wait... wait wait wait. You lost me at the beginning when you claimed that Crosby and Bergeron are not the same player.