View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonian View Post
I disagree with you though, Halifax has produced more than just 2 goalies. Yes those are the two NHL'ers that we know and hear about, but what about Joey Macdonald, Duschene, Cassivi? who have all played the higher level, deff not as successful as leclair and giguere but pro-hockey players.
I believe argument is that those guys were identified and drafted by other teams and then brought in by the Mooseheads. So the failure with Halifax when it comes to netminding for much of the early 00s was identifying and drafting goaltending talent internally.

If you look at Guillaume Lavallee, Jeremy Duchesne, Dany Dallaire...they all got their start elsewhere, before coming to Halifax as experienced starters.

Meanwhile, Halifax itself developed Jason Churchill and Jonathan Boutin.

Please note that this is talking about what they brought to the Mooseheads, not what their hockey future was. The reasons why Halifax saw it fit to bring in guys like Lavallee, Duchesne and Dallaire was because they felt their own goalies needed the help.

In that vein, I'm not sure it's fair to include Cassivi or MacDonald as being produced by the Mooseheads, considering the minimal amount of time they spent with the club.