Thread: Team Identity
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 09:22 AM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Trade him for a sniper? Giroux? Skinner? LoL, Doughty for Skinner & Gleason? Would you do it?
No. Not yet. Too soon to give up on Doughty. I'm just somewhat amazed at how he's played for the last year and a half.

We all know what Doughty can do. For whatever reasons, last year it was blatant interference penalties at the blue line, or going for the big hit, even when it wasn't there. This season it's been completely unnecessary cross checks in the defensive zone, along with just a general malaise. I could chalk it up to the contract stuff, but he played the same way last year. Perhaps he was so frustrated by the coach, and he just didn't know how to handle it, so he does whatever on the ice.

Like I said, no more assumptions. Now that Murray is gone, it's on the players. Whoever the next coach is, beggars can't be choosers. No more assuming Doughty(or anyone else) is great. It's time to prove it. If Doughty keeps taking these mindless penalties though, and then whining to the refs for the obvious penalty call, then next summer might be time to trade him. The little kid act is wearing a bit thin.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote