View Single Post
Old
12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
well when I saw him, I was impressed with his positioning. It seemed like no matter what moves the forwards would try to pull on him, he was right there in the right place to prevent people from going around him. Also, he had ripped a cannon of a shot from the point into the top corner at the game I saw. Then what else I noticed about him was that he seemed to connect his passes well, tape to tape. Of course, I did not get to see him as much as you guys did, so maybe his passes got worse, or maybe I just happend to see him on a good day. It's kind of funny hearing how he's become the modry of our prospects.

Oh well, we had a lot of good prospects come out over the last few years. I don't think Grebeshkov hurts our development record too badly.
Those are all valid observations KPD. I'd be lying if I said I've never seen Grebs do what you've described and more. Unfortunately, more often than not, he tends to follow up an incredible shift with one that includes questionable decisions and what appears to be an incredible let-down of intensity and concentration. Most players have an "off" night here and there, to a certain degree, it's expected. Nobody (especially the player) likes it, but it does happen. With Grebs, it's not the occasional "off" night, it's more of a what's he going to do this shift?