Old
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
KingsKnight
What did Richie do??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Stifled offense. Goals=Fun.
I like it. "Fun" might be the way to go in the short term. I'm not sure how well that would work down the stretch or in the playoffs...assuming we can still pull it off. Here's a sobering stat, we have to win about 2 out of every 3 games left to guarantee a spot. With the way we're playing that might be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
The identity is that there's no accountability.

I think accountability could be good identity moving forward, but maybe in a more positive light. Each player looking at what they can do for their linemates and the team. This might be what the next coach needs to bring to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Not to pick on the guy who forced the spotlight on himself, but Doughty is the microcosm of this entire team. His play is the identity. The talent is there, but they're just not bringing it. Lazy play, poor execution, just doing whatever.

Want a slogan? Prove it.
It doesn't help that he was holding out for all that money and then comes out this year and plays like this. I wish there was a better guy to pin the identity to, like Kopitar, but even he's had issues. I wish Brown was the guy, but he just hasn't shown to be that player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
So disappointed with this team right now, I couldn't care less about what dumb slogan or phonney philosophy they come up with. I hope DL hires Sutter just to punish these bums. And our wingers are still dogpoo. I will make a friendly wager of screennames with anyone that we don't make the playoffs with Penner,Gagne,Williams and Brown as our top six.
When I asked I didn't mean anything phony or a slogan necessarily. An identity can be something each player can latch onto throughout the year. It simplifies things and makes it all relative. I think the team is missing that right now.

I would love if the team latched onto the idea of 'overcoming adversity', especially with everything that's happening right now. They need to take a good look in the mirror and play through all this change and come out for the better.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote