View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
It's 10 games or 30 days on the pro roster and you become eligible for waivers again. Kulda was called up on November 12.

tbcwpg, if I am the Jets sitting there on Sat/Sun knowing that Jones is back in and that Hainsey is just days away, here is what I do. If I KNOW I do not want to keep Kulda up, but I cannot be sure Hainsey will be ready for Tuesday, we not just send Kulda down to protect the asset, call up Festerling as the #7 for Tuesday and be the just in case guy? Surely Festerling could handle one game? Then you could send Festerling down once Hainsey is back since he is nowhere near the limits (or even stick him on waivers, he is a veteran #8-9 D nobody cares), but this way YOU PROTECT ALL YOUR ASSETS. This is really REALLY SIMPLE ASSET MANAGEMENT. I am a nobody on the message boards and I figured this out, why can the Jets not?

The reason I am so pissed off right now is not that they sent down Kulda instead of waiving Jones/Flood, it is that Jets management is being absolutely **** show with regards to protecting their assets. This is just basic waivers rules, how do the people running the team not understand them :
Thanks, didn't know about the 30 day thing.

Your analysis is exactly what has been going through my mind. Even down to Festerling. This is just some straight up garbage asset management here.

And before someone comes in and says, relax it's only Arturs Kulda, it's not just the fact that we could potentially lose a 23 year old defenseman who has shown good indications of being a bottom pairing D man in the NHL.

It's the fact that we could lose him, and it would have been 100% totally preventable. Garbage.