The Management thread 2.0 ( All GM/Coaching discussion here)
View Single Post
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
1. When we wanted to trade Marcel Hossa, there was talk that many of the teams were not even AWARE that he was on the trading block. There was considerable interest from Marion's team and they would have offered a lot more than Garth Freakin Murray from the Rangers!!
- Marian's team at the time was Atlanta and why do you care? Marcel Hossa is a career minor league player and we did not lose anything special.
2. When we wanted to Trade Halak (one of the most valued assets we could use in many years)... was there anyone we talked to besides St. Louis, it doesn't sound like it.
- I still think that we should of traded Halak to Philadelphia for Giroux or Van Riemsdyk.
3. More that one player has said that Gauthier never even bothered to CALL their agent to talk about what they were looking for... Halak's agent, Wiz's agent to name but two.
- That's because they had a plan and it did not consist of those players so why make an offer when you know you are going in another direction, they got Eller and Schultz for Halak and a draft pick for Wisniewski.
4. Today, the Gazette article talked about how Spatches was called into Martin's office with PG on the phone and told he was traded but he couldn't tell him to what team yet....he had to wait 30 minutes. I can understand this partly since you had completed a trade and you don't want him getting injured in practice, but couldn't it be handled better!
- This is just crazy! If this is the case then Pierre Gauthier and the rest of the Management team in charge of trades should be fired on the spot.
Besides that all that, one trade that I am GLAD never happened was:
To Tampa Bay: Tomas Plekanec + Carey Price + PK Subban
To Montreal: Vincent Lecavalier
If this happened, I think Tampa would of won the cup last season!!!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by WestIslander