View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Everyone's pretty much covered all the thoughts I have in my head about this game so I really don't have much more to add in.

For at least a few years now the team seems to be told to stand back and forget the forechecking and trying to keep scoring more goals, when we have a slight lead. They try to win every close game by the skin of their teeth, letting the opposition into our zone and trying to clear it out the whole 3rd period. We get away with it for a short while but eventually we start running around our own zone and bingo, the opposition eventually scores. Same thing over and over. They then make the same excuses by saying they've got to play a full 60 minutes, stop the giveaways, etc. and nothing changes. Definitely the definition of insanity like someone already said here. It's getting really old.

As much as I love Lindy, this team's not being coached correctly anymore. We have the talent and there's too much of it to be where we are now. A coaching change may be the only thing that gets this team to succeed. I agree one of the problems is inconsistency (Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Leino, Ennis, etc.), but this team is far too talented to be playing the way they have. It's not just the players.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote