View Single Post
Old
12-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
The Evolution of Lars Eller

What I really like about Eller is his willingness to become a more complete player. He wants to be like Tomas Plekanec where he is relied on in all situations, and he puts alot of work in his craft.

Like Tomas, Eller spends alot of time at the rink to continually improve himself, and Martin has lauded both players for their professionalism and work ethic.

You can see Martin gradually increasing his trust in eller and using him in a key 2 way role. Sure, he's making mistakes in the process but Martin seems to appreciate Eller's drive to become that player.

We know about his frame, speed, and skillset, but if he can embrace this 2 way game and add it to his repertiore, he will be valuable no matter is he fills out as a 40 point guy or a 70 point guy.

The way he's evolving at the moment, he reminds me a little bit of marian hossa. I'm not saying he's going to have the same type of production necessarily, but his playing style and skillset seems similar. The other obvious difference is that one plays wing and the other plays centre but you catch my drift.

Eller has come a long way from this time last year where he was a fringe guy playing on the wing.

Do you guys agree that Eller is becoming that multi-dimensional centre?

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote