View Single Post
Old
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

vCash: 500
I'm not ready to blow it up. But I am ready to trade Derek Roy. He's a very good player, but only when he wants to be. Tonight, I noticed him several times in a good way. But I also noticed him doing the things I hate - whining about penalty calls, missing important chances, and being a general primadonna on the ice. With Roy as our #1 center, we are not going to win the Stanley Cup.

Now, I'm still a Roy fan. I think he's a very underrated player around the league, he's dynamic offensively and defensively when he's playing well, but I don't think he's good for this team. I think it would really shake the team up if he was traded for a more professional sort of player (Some sort of big package for a center?)

I don't like the leadership on this team. We have Miller.... we have Vanek.... but we also have leaders like Derek Roy, who really isn't cut out to be a guy that other guys have to look to for leadership, and Drew Stafford, who needs to think about working out his own problems before he starts thinking about leading other men on the ice and being an example.

To be honest, I don't think this team is all that far away. I like our team on paper - we just need one shakeup. That's it. We're missing a major piece (A player that combines leadership with grit and on ice performance), and a few minor pieces (A few grinders who step up their game in the playoff to fit in on the 3rd and 4th lines).

We have a very good defense that combines offensive ability with defense, grit, and physicality. Our offense is good enough, and if we add that one major piece that's missing I think it would be more than good enough, provided that the piece we add clicks with the team.

We all know Ryan Miller isn't the problem with this team.

We aren't that far away. I just hope Lindy, Darcy, and Terry realize that and make the necessary change - soon.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote