View Single Post
Old
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
It probably is all coordinated by the Rangers with Fasth; next year Krieder, McLIrath, Thomas, and maybe Miller and Erixon and Yogan will all be coming to at least the AHL so very little room.

In a few years Fasth will hopefully stay healthy and then will join the next batch of McColgan/St. Croix/Gogarty/whoever else of that group earns an ELC.

Erixon will be a Ranger this year, not next.

Thomas, McIlrath and Miller are highly unlikely to make it next year. They would need to have a stunning preseason to make it.

St. Croix, McColgan and Fogarty have a 3-5% chance of cracking the NHL based on where they were just drafted. I like McColgan because he reminds me of Callahan, and St. Croix is having a great season, but it is too early to expect any of the three to make the NHL.

Once Erixon and Kreider make it thisand next year, Miller and McIlrath are the only guys who have above 50% chance to make it.

I expect one of Thomas, Fasth and St. Croix to become a quality top-6 forward.

Plus I expect one of McColgan or Lindberg to become a quality bottom-6 player.

I am not awfully optimistic about Bourque, Fogarty, Yogan and others at this point. Maybe one of them becomes a bottom-6 guy.

At this stage, I expect Hagelin to keep his job, Erixon to win one this season, Kreider next year, and ~3 rookies in the subsequent two years.

I think the avalanche of rookies we got used to over the last half a dozen years may be at an end, though I do expect us to add another two top-6 forwards and at least one more top-4 defenseman. And that's alright.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-14-2011 at 12:31 AM.