View Single Post
Old
12-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Gibbs18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
You are welcome to live in ignorance, you are in good company here.

I was talking about 'average time on ice per game,' so no, most of our Dmen won't pass Pronger. But nice try. What are you, in grade 2?

I'll side with Laviolette, who is trying to limit the wear and tear on Timonen (who I agree is our best Dman), by calling #25 more and more all the time.
If you can't see how many great plays and passes Carle makes in a game, you need to take a remedial hockey watching course. I don't have the patience any more to teach the ignorant children of Philadelphia what hockey is about.
Have you not watched a single flyers game...The only thing carle really excells at is in the offensive zone, keeping the puck in, short passes, cycling the puck, doesnt have the best shot either but still gets it done. the defensive zone is bad for carle. horrible at stretch passes, gets beat to the outside all the time, has no defensive awareness of what hes doing. Its almost like he has no idea what to do with the puck when he gets it in the defensive zone. Ranked 31st in giveaways this season with 24 (leading the flyers)...he should not be on the PK at all for any reason. Should be Timo - Coburn and Mez - Bourdon. Should be used on the PP though.

I think he might be the 4th or 5th best defensemen out of the 6 we have right now, only in front of Marshall.

Don't get me wrong he does make some good plays and passes, its just that to be a good defender you can't turn the puck over that much and have to be pretty solid in your own zone, which Carle is not. Hes also been pretty damn good the last few games, except for that clear in the 1st period last night that he failed. Nobody within 20 feet of him and he still doesnt have enough skill to lift the puck over the blue line...come on now thats just horrible.

Last edited by Gibbs18: 12-14-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote