View Single Post
Old
12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I was listening to Montreal sports radio last night when Pierre Mcguire was on. He coached Pronger is Hartford and is still good friends with him. He said Pronger is very scared about the head injury. Said he has never seen Chris scared.....until now.

Pronger has made his money and will get paid regardless, he has won his Stanley Cups, he has left teams before (Edmonton) and I DONT THINK he will return at the jeopardy of his future.

I get this terrible gut feeling that will all these injuries, with the new concussion issues, Chris Pronger will NEVER play again.

Am I alone? I keep seeing people talking about "when Pronger comes back"......I am more thinking "IF Pronger comes back". I think him coming back this year is "Questionable", coming back at all is "probable"

Horrible.
This could get interesting because he may want to retire if he's that scared. Philly would have to LTIR him for 6 years to avoid the cap hit. The league would likely be watching because it's not like Lappy where it's a low dollar amount and 2 years. It could get messy but I think if I were in his shoes I'd say screw it and retire with hopefully good health.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote