View Single Post
Old
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd be surprised if they recalled Erixon just to ride the pine on the roadtrip. I'm sure he'll see at least one game. I don't anticipate him sticking, but then again, I said the same thing about McDonagh last season.
The kid is definitely coming up to play, that means they've got him at or about Woywitka/Stralman. He was decent before, if he's better now, then the only thing that sends him back to Hartford is a healthy Sauer and a healthy Staal coming back to this lineup and I'd welcome that any day!

Erixon can play both sides, Left handed, he'll play the left side. He's gotten his time in the AHL and played extremely well down there.

Stralman is a far better skater then Woywitka and therefore fits the Rangers system better then the lumbering Woywitka. The past two games has shown that Stralman has gone through his break-in period and is coming through what has essentially been his preseason.

Erixon is naturally a defensive defenseman and Stralman an offensive one, both Swedes, one righty the other lefty, for a 3rd pairing, you really can't go wrong at this point. Woywitka at a cheap cap hit, becomes the spare and can continue to work on taking off the pounds and getting quicker.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote