Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
12-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Vote for Rory

vCash: 500
I've played street hockey since I was about 7 or 8 when I moved into a very hockey orientated neighbourhood. There were about 5 or 6 of us who regularly got into a game all the way up until grade 9 or 10. After that I started really getting into Roller Hockey, in leagues.

Just recently, I decided to start going to stick and puck with a couple of friends. One started playing in a ice hockey league so he told me to start ice skating, I hadn't skated in 10 years but found that my roller blading skills (almost perfect) transfered over really well. I'm about 2-3 months in and i'm really starting to pick it up. We go to stick and puck every tuesday and wednesday mornings every week. My final goal is to be regularly playing in a Beer League with friends.

I play hockey every second saturday in a local rink playing, roller hockey, which a bunch of friends. We are in a league in spring and it has to be the most fun each year. I find myself to be an above average forward, with speed being my downfall. I'm 6'7 and about 185 lbs so agility is my biggest assest. I have, IMO, very good hands, I can bust by fowards using my reach and strength and have an above average shot.

Oh an btw, I turned 19 a month ago. It's never to late to start playing ice hockey.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote